15.1.13

Happy Birthday Ma!!!

Today is my wonderful mom's birthday!!! I can honestly say she's the best mom ever.  Sorry to all you other people out there who have moms.  But I guess we can't all be this lucky.
I've come up with a few things I have learned from my mama, which I thought I would share.


#1- Cleanliness is next to godliness.  My mom has always kept our house spotless.  I seriously don't know how she does it.  But it makes for a wonderful environment to play, learn and relax in.

#2- It's okay to listen to a song or watch a movie over and over.  Hey, if you like it, go for it!  This is the main reason I had several Journey, Depeche Mode, Erasure, Bryan Adams, and Celine Dion songs (as well as the entire Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie) memorized at a young age.  I know this habit drives my dad nuts, but I have found that I'm on Mom's side with this one.  I am definitely a song replayer.

#3- Put the gospel first, and everything else will fall into place.  My mom has a knack for letting unimportant things go.  She simplifies her life to just what is good.  And that's all she (and anyone in this world) needs.

#4- Family first.  Mom always says that.  And more so, she lives it.  She has stayed at home and taken care of us kids since stinky Kyle came into this world.  And I do not know how she is sane, with such a job.

 #5- There is no greater compliment than "you look/ act/ are just like your mom." First, glad I look like you and not dad.  Second, I seem to get told all of the above a lot more as I get older. That's just fine by me.  If I'm half the mom you are when I have kiddos, then I will have succeeded.


This is my mom.. with my dad.  See how cute?!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!  I love you!!

Love, Kj

2 comments:

  1. That's the best post I've ever read. I laughed several times. You are just like Ma and that's the best compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present! Thank you so much sweetie! Although I will say you are far more beautiful and talented than I am and you will be a fantastic mom! By the way, I can't wait to be a grandma so.......... I love you my Kjirsten-baby. Forever and always:)

    ReplyDelete